TEST FOR ENGLISH MAJORS (2015) -GRADE FOUR-
PART I DICTATION PART II LISTENING COMPREHENSION SECTION A CONVERSATIONS Conversation one 1. Why is the trip to Mars a one-way trip? A. The return trip is too expensive. B. There is no technology to get people back. C. People don’t want to return. D. The return trip is too risky. 2. According to the man, what is more important for those recruits? A. Intelligence. B. Health. C. Skills. D. Calmness. 3. What is the last part of the conversation about? A. The kind of people suitable for the trip. B. Interests and hobbies of the speakers. C. Recruitment of people for the trip. D. Preparation for the trip to Mars. Conversation Two 4. What is showrooming? A. Going to the high street. B. Visiting everyday shops. C. Buying things like electrical goods. D. Visiting shops and buying online.
5. According to the conversation, the man had bought all the following things online EXCEPT
A. shoes B. CDs C. camera D. food
6. According to the conversation, the percentage of people who showroomed while Christmas
A. 3% B. 33% C. 42% D. 24%
7. One reason for people to showroom is that they
A. want to know more about pricing B. can return the product later
C. want to see the real thing first D. can bargain for a lower shop price
8. What is the conversation mainly about?
A. How to avoid clashes of exams. B. How to schedule exams.
C. How to use the faculty lounge. D. How to choose the courses.
9. What does the student have to do first in order to take the exams?
A. To choose a date on the draft schedule.
B. To find the information on the bulletin board.
C. To draw up the final schedule.
D. To arrange an invigilator.
10. According to the conversation, the Dean will
A. sign the sheet in the faculty lounge
B. take care of the bulletin board
C. consult the students
D. finalize the exam schedule
SECTION B PASSAGES