英语动词有两种语态，即主动语态(The Active Voice)与被动语态（The Passive Voice)。主动语态表示主语是动作的执行者;被动语态表示主语是动作的承受者。
例：1. They make trains in Xi’an. >> Trains are made in Xi’an by them.
2. Xm beats Xx evey day. >> Xx is beaten by Xm every day.
be + done (p.p.--及物动词的过去分词）
一般现在时—— am／is ／are + v.p.p.
一般过去时—— was／were +v.p.p.
一般将来时—— will be／be going to be + v.p.p.
过去将来时——would be/was,were going to be + v.p.p
现在进行时——am/is/are being + v.p.p.
过去进行时——was/were being+ v.p.p.
现在完成时—— have/has +been+ v.p.p
情态动词—— aux.v. (must／can／could／may…) + be + v.p.p.
例：1. His car was stolen last night.
2. Basketball is played in most countries.
2. 动作的承受者是谈话的中心 （常由by引起）
例：1. A lot of articles (that) we have learned were written by Lu Xun.
1. 某些及物动词+ adv表主动，特别是后加副词（如well， easily等）时。主动语态有被动含义，这类动词常见的有sell，write，wear，wash，photograph, clean, cook, cut 例：1. This book sell well.
2. Your pen writes really well/smoothly.
3. This dress (that) my mom bought for me wears well
4. She does not photograph well.
5. The cheese doesn’t cut easily. It’s too soft.
句子是主谓结构时，不用被动语态。常见的谓语动词有：happen, take place, (dis)appear, rise, break out, come about, come true, come out, run out, turn out
例：1. A traffic accident happened just now.
2. Great changes are taking place in my hometown.
3. He disappears.
4. When a gay person comes out, they let people know that he is a gay.
3. 连系动词无被动： 感官系动词：look、feel、sound、smell、taste “表变化的系动词”：become、grow、turn、fall、get “表保持的系动词”：keep, reamain, stay ④ prove + 形容词，名词或不定式