例: It is generally considered unwise to give a child ______ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
21. The field research will take Joan and Paul about five months; it will be a long time
_____ we meet them again.
A. after B. before C. since D. when
22. Little _______ that we were watching his every move, so he seemed to be going his
own way in this business.
A. he realized B. he didn't realize C. didn't he realize
D. did he realize
23. The teacher __ have thought Johnson was worth it or she wouldn't have wasted time
on him, I suppose.
A. should B. can C. would D. must
24. -- Was Martin sorry for what he' d done?
-- ___________. It was just like him!
A. Never mind B. All right C. Not really D. Not
25. In my opinion, life in the twenty-first century is much easier than ________.
A. that used to be B. it is used to C. it was used to D.
it used to be
26. They became friends again that day. Until then, they _______ to each other for nearly
A. didn't speak B. hadn't spoken C. haven' t spoken D. haven' t been
27. -- Didn't you have a good time at the party?
-- Of course I did. As a matter of fact, I had such fun that time seemed to _______ so
A. go by B. go away C. go out D. go over
28. The school' s music group will be giving a big show tomorrow night and two on the weekend.
A. more B. other C. else D. another
29. John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work ________, he gladly accepted
A. finished B. finishing C. having finished D. was
30. -- Robert is indeed a wise man.